Facial Cleansing Oil For Combination and Oily Skin
with bergamot and cedarwood
Yes, oil cleansing can be incredibly helpful for oily skin! It works on the idea that “like dissolves like.” Basically, this means that the oils used for skin cleansing will break down the excess sebum and natural oils produced by your skin. They can also clean out clogged pores and remove dead skin cells, make-up, and pollutants, without stripping the skin and further stimulating excess oil production, as traditional cleansers can do.
Our facial cleansing oil for combination and oily skin contains a carefully-formulated blend of pure organic plant oils, which do a fantastic job of dissolving all make-up (including eye make-up) and lifting impurities and dirt, whilst respecting your skin’s moisture barrier. Packed with essential fatty acids and antioxidants, this non-clogging oil wipes away easily with a hot damp flannel leaving your skin deeply cleansed, hydrated and glowing.
If you do one thing to transform your skincare routine, revealing a cleaner, more radiant, balanced, hydrated and healthy complexion, we wholeheartedly recommend switching to our oil cleanser.
Directions for use:
Massage 1 pump of oil thoroughly into your face with your fingertips using small circular movements. Start with your cheeks, nose, mouth and jawline, before moving on to the eye area. Oil works quickly to dissolve make-up and dirt, but, if possible, we recommend taking the time to make this a relaxing ritual. Breathe in the calming, uplifting fragrance of bergamot and cedarwood and enjoy nurturing yourself with a massage. Then, take a clean flannel, soak it in piping hot water, before wringing out some of the excess water and pressing it over your face. Breathe in and allow the steam to penetrate your pores. Then, gently wipe everything away. Repeat if necessary. To finish, splash your face with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
Our ingredients and why we chose them
- Golden jojoba oil* – Light-textured, fast-absorbing and non-comedogenic, this oil most closely matches the skin’s own natural oils, making it the number one oil for effective cleansing. It is jam-packed with nutrients and vitamins, like omega 9 fatty acids and vitamin E. It also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, making it great for soothing irritated skin. It works well for oily skin types, as well as dry, flaky skin.
- Calendula-infused sunflower oil* – Prepared using solarisation – a process in which freshly harvested calendula flowers are steeped in organic sunflower oil over several weeks in a sunny place. The healing properties of calendula are legendary, so this is the perfect oil to soothe red, irritated or sensitive skin. Sunflower oil itself is a non-comedogenic oil which contains contains vitamins A, C, D and E. It is high in linoleic acid which strengthens the skin’s barrier – this is helpful for oily, acne-pone skin, which is often deficient in linoleic acid. Also contains oleic acid which calms skin and reduces dryness.
- Hemp oil* - Reduces inflammation, hydrates and regulates oil production.
- Castor oil* – High in ricinoleic acid, a potent fatty acid, which is both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial
- Vitamin E oil – Included as an anti-oxidant
- Essential oil of bergamot – Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic. Proven effective in treating oily skin and acne
- Essential oil of cedarwood – Helps soothe irritation and inflammation. Regulates sebum production and eliminates acne-causing bacteria. Anti-ageing
(Total essential oil content < 0.5%)
*Denotes certified organic ingredients