combination and oily skin
Using a toner after cleansing is a simple and effective way to prepare your skin for the rest of your skincare routine, whilst offering your skin many natural botanical strengthening and nourishing benefits. Toners can help to remove dirt, oils and impurities more efficiently than cleanser alone, and leave your skin better protected against environmental stressors.
Our facial toner for combination and oily skin is specially formulated to balance excessive oiliness, soothe redness and irritation and minimise the appearance of blemishes, blackheads and enlarged pores, leaving your skin looking and feeling healthy, toned and perfectly prepped for applying moisturiser. Nettles, with their astringent and protective antioxidant properties, give this toner its distinctive colour. Lavender and rosemary provide additional healing, antibacterial properties and a wonderful refreshing, uplifting fragrance.
This toner may also be used as a deliciously refreshing facial spritz at anytime, including over make-up.
Directions for use:
After cleansing in the mornings and evenings, we recommend misting Clarifying Toner onto your face and gently patting it into the skin, before applying moisturiser. Alternatively, if you prefer, spray the toner onto a cotton wool pad till saturated and gently wipe over your face.
Our ingredients and why we chose them
- Neroli* - Astringent and toning, diminishing enlarged pores, tightening and firming facial skin and reducing excess sebum secretion. Also a good anti-inflammatory
- Lavender* - Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. Soothes irritation and redness.
- Nettle* - Anti-inflammatory, astringent and healing. High in phenols, which give nettle powerful antioxidant properties and help keep free radicals under control when used in skincare. Research has also found high anti-microbial activity in nettle extracts.
- Witch hazel* - Anti-inflammatory, astringent, anti-oxidant
- Ethanol – Used as a natural preservative
- Essential oil of rosemary* - Antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory. Balances oil production and stimulates blood flow and detoxification Powerful antioxidant properties ward off free radicals that cause premature aging of skin.
- Essential oil of lavender* - Soothes irritated skin, improves acne, promotes healing of scars, protects against free radicals, and combats both bacterial and fungal conditions.
(total essential oil content < 0.5%)
* denotes certified organic ingredients