This is a wonderfully healing herbal ointment containing freshly harvested comfrey leaves, marigold flowers and lavender and is a must for the first aid cabinet.
We would highly recommend this ointment for cracked skin (hands, feet, lips), bruising, sprains, minor burns and as a simple barrier ointment to help prevent nappy rash. Apply as needed - a little goes a long way. When using for nappy rash, ensure the skin is completely dry before applying the ointment.
Our ingredients and why we chose them:
- Comfrey leaves (Symphytum officinalis)* - Comfrey contains a substance called mucilage and allantoin, giving it the property of being soothing to the skin whilst also helping to heal any damage or irritation.
- Calendula flowers (Calendula officinalis)* - we use these because they are both antiseptic and promote healing of any damage to the skin.
- Lavender flowers (Lavandula officinalis)* - contribute a calming and soothing aroma, but also gently soothe and help to reduce inflammation. The flowers also contain naturally occuring antiseptic oils.
- Sunflower oil* - a non-comedogenic oil which contains contains vitamins A, C, D and E. It is high in linoleic acid which strengthens the skin’s barrier and oleic acid which calms skin and reduces dryness.
- Beeswax* - forms a protective barrier, holding in moisture and reducing dryness without clogging pores. Rich in vitamin A, which rejuvenates skin and keeps it supple.
* Denotes certified organic ingredients